We know that concerns about COVID-19 have escalated in recent days and with the social distancing recommendations, many patients are concerned about coming to their appointments. Our team remains committed to keeping our patients as safe and healthy as possible. We also recognize that ongoing retina care and treatments are important to maintaining your eye health and vision. That is why all of our offices currently remain open to serve you.
Our physicians and staff continue to follow guidance and recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Here are some of the specific steps we are taking:
- Any patient who is experiencing fever or flu-like symptoms, such as cough or shortness of breath,must reschedule their appointment and should contact their primary care provider.
- We are asking that patients come alone to their appointment unless accompanied by a caregiver.
- We are doing our best to get patients into an exam room or private waiting area as soon as possible upon arrival to help meet the CDCs recommendations for social distancing.
- Palmetto Retina Center has always maintained an infection control process, and we regularly sanitize our offices to prevent the spread of infection. We are doing this even more frequently using CDC recommended products.
- We are ensuring that our care team members are vigilant about their own health, including staying home the proper amount of time if they are ill or have been exposed to someone who is.
Here are a few additional reminders to help you stay healthy
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you have come in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, please stay home for at least 14 days from the time you made contact and self-monitor.
- If you have recently traveled to any country with documented COVID-19 transmission, please stay home for at least 14 days from the time you left the area and self-monitor.
Our patients’ health and safety are always our top priority, and we will continue to monitor this pandemic and provide you with additional updates as needed.
For more information about coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19), you can visit the following web sites
Combined Years of Practice
Clinical Trials Participated
Take a few moments to meet the skilled physicians of Palmetto Retina, P.A.